Sunday 29 March 2015

India via Singapore

I'm Back! Whether you like it or not I'm back, I'm back to salvage something that should never have gone away - only this time me and my family are travelling to Singapore then India then Hong Kong following which we will return to home turf. Let me inform you on what has happened thus far....

Singapore-Day 1

After saying goodbye to my grandparents we entered the airport and flew to Auckland where we had to get on this plane (on the upper deck) for an eleven hour flight to Singapore,  would've preferred a shorter flight but what are you gonna do?






                                  

Following this flight we were driven to our hotel (Marina Bay Sands) which is home to magnificent views of the city and one of the busiest ports in the world, here are just a few examples. 







As you can see I made a trip to the infinity pool the hotel houses on the 57th floor, this is probably the best place to go if you want to cool down in what feels like 45 degree heat or just swim out to look over the edge to the steep and inclined drop.

Singapore-Day 2(first real day)

In the morning when we woke up we headed to the "club lounge" for breakfast,this is when I first discovered how much Singaporean people love steamed pork buns and when I discovered the view of their port. , The breakfast buffet consisted of: Steam pork buns, cut up waffles, chicken sausages, small hash browns, a multitude if fried rice, fruits and berries swimming in their juices, baked beans etc. etc.

Post breakfast we traveled under ground to the shoppes (I'll just call it a mall) in search of such shops as Gucci, Zara, Banana Republic, GAP the list goes on and thankfully all were found. I hope this doesn't only shock me but to my surprise in the mall I found both a indoor boat canal and ice skating rink (of course, I have photos)

                                    


                                     


Following this we returned to our hotel room and we didn't take our eyes off the cricket score.  although we had to listen to the cricket via the radio because there wasn't any coverage on the Singaporean TV.  At lunchtime, we visited the mall again, this time to have lunch.  This involved eating an assortment of dumplings, and a number of pork buns and won tons at a traditional Dim Sum restaurant. When we arrived we noticed that in a room beside the entrance, there was a team of chefs preparing the days lunch orders. (again I have photos) 

                                 







Following our second excursion to the mall we returned to hear the remainder of the cricket and to our great sorrow it was some-what of a convincing defeat to our great nation and our team the Blackcaps. This resulted in a two hour mourning period. We then went out to dinner to a fancy Italian restaurant where we had lasange and pizza which was shared around. 

That is what has happened so far and I am looking forward to continuing the blog tomorrow etc.









1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you again - we do like! You are obviously having a great time even though you've been less than 24 hours in the city. Sad about the cricket - we had such great success over the last few weeks. We are wondering of you saw anything of the funeral when you arrived. Enjoy your blissful time in what looks and sounds like luxury. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete