Saturday 9 July 2011

Day three in Venice

In the morning we went down to the Rialto bridge, and looked for a Gondola  we eventually found one and by eventually I mean we got the first or second one. After we were in the old but not torn down city of Venice I asked if I could get up with the gondolier driver and he said "Yes". I thought it was funny seeing all the people taking videos and pictures of me. There was another thing that I thought was pretty funny that was when there was a bridge that was so low that even I had to duck!



e

Today we walked past a mask shop near our hotel,(Venice is the best place to get a mask in probably the world)it took me so long to pick a mask but finaly I picked. I was looking for one with little music notes on it but I had to pick the closest one near to it.


After all that happened we headed out to lunch, we sat over the water that you should never drink here, that is the sea water we shared a Pizza. Soon after we headed over to an Island called Murano, when we got there we headed straight for the glass factory.

Whilst there we watched a very talented person make a glass horse, he also made a glass vase and after a while it smashed because it didn't cool down warmly.

After that I had some gelati and caught the boat home, and now I'm doing this.

                                                              CIAO!!

2 comments:

  1. Ciao, Joseph--- I love your blog! What a great surprise to discover you actually did get to row the gondola!!!! I was so excited that you asked the gondolier and he said "OK". I hope you enjoyed the experience of rowing down the canals. Great photos!!!

    I thought of you today when I walked down the canal that had all the baby crabs. Today I saw tons of them!

    I can't wait to read about all the rest of your travels.

    Ciao from your new friend in Venice,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi joey jack here you looked awesome in that black and white shirt and that hat looks pretty fancy

    ReplyDelete