Tuesday 19 July 2011

France Day 1!

When I arrived in France, I saw the Concorde airplane at the airport. It used to fly passengers into space!

In the morning me and dad walked down to the market. We did that because we had to get tomatoes, two baugettes, three croissants and ham (in some parts of the ham they put stuffing!) I did the ordering in French. 

After that we went to a church that had two dead nuns in glass cases that you could look at but we could only see two. I could tell that one of them was fake because it looked plasticy, and the other still had skin on! I got some miracle medals.

 Soon after we went to an awsome playgroud.  It was so fun after I payed to go in I raced to a rope pyrimid, like the one in NZ at Orientel Bay. After that I went across to a flying fox, I always had to hold on to the bottom of it, because I always fell off the seat and hanging on by a thread.

Then we went to Montmatre.  This is a suburb of Paris which has the Place du Tetre artists painting in the square.


Nearby, was the Sacre Coeur church which had a great view of Paris,
Later on we caught the Metro to Grandad's favourite shop (Fauchon) for some macaroons


and to see the church called the Madeleine. I lit a candle and heard the choir sing -I thought that they weren't that good. Mum said Sacred Heart College choir was better.


Soon we walked down the main street of Paris called the Champs elysees.  On the way back we saw that people were putting flags and seats up for the Tour de France which ends here on Sunday.

We watched lots of gypsies ask for money and try pickpocketing while were eating lunch, we also saw a begger walk in and out of a shop with bags on one of richest streets in the world.  I thought that they were going to pick pocket Dad for a while. So did he, but he was watching them closely.

Then we walked all the way up the main street to the Arc de Triomphe.  It's an archway in the middle of a big roundabout at the top of the main street.  Under the arch is were an  unknown soldier is burried with a flame that never stop apart from a memoriol day when they re-light it again.


Then we had to walk all the way home and we had to walk under LA TOUR EIFFEL

These are the things I have noticed about living in Paris.  I noticed that the buildings here are cream.  There are lots of squares and cafes and bakeries and monuments.


 
The ground is sandy with trees lining all the paths, they are called avenues or boullervards.

You are not allowed on the grass. it's just for looking at.

I also noticed that France has the same gypsies and street sellers as elsewhere in europe - selling same things and eiffel towers (but not the real one - PHEW)

There are also people hugging and kissing in public and lots of tiny tiny little dogs. 


 That's my whole day au revoir from Paris!

1 comment:

  1. brilliant pix joey. luv the one of you and your mum in front of sacre coeur.

    and the concorde!

    rob

    ReplyDelete