Sunday 22 September 2013

First Day in Zanzibar, Africa

Zanzibar is an island off the coast of Tanzania and is very hot. When I woke up this morning (which I did reluctantly.) me and my family went to breakfast which was in a small hut shaped deck on the beach, breakfast was in the form of a buffet which consisted of: crepe like pancakes with maple syrup, salami(don't ask me why?) baked beans, sausages and a mixture/layers of buffalo mozzarella, tomato and basil.

This is Stone Town which is an hours drive from our resort.

    This is the hotels pool, you may think that this looks cold but it is actually really warm, 
this looks nice but wait till you see the beach.


This is our/Michamvi Beach.

 This is where we have breakfast, beside the beach.

This is me and Dad kayaking around the beach, Dad was always going to be good because his second cousin and my second cousin once removed was best in the world and won four gold medals in the 1980's Olympics - you may have heard of him - his name is Ian Ferguson.




Here is the sunset from our resort.

Here are the Mosquito net that I have to sleep under.


This is Zanzibar the island


This is what the town & life looks like.

 Park in stone town.
 Road side shops.
 Bus jam packed with people - usually they are piled high on top with anything and everything e.g bundles of sticks, mattresses, shopping, bicycles.

Here's a soccer match we saw.  lots of people are Arsenal fans here - clearly they have style

I hope to make another post tomorrow with more photos of today's happenings.  I met the oldest inhabitants in Zanzibar



Joseph Hewson



3 comments:

  1. Nice pics Joseph. Zanzibar sure is a land of contrasts but it looks beautiful by the water. Love the suspense you build as I scroll the blog!Water looks beautiful keep the sailing practice in oo Oracle might need you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! Did you spot the error? That must go down as my biggest clanger for a while!! I want you helping NZ in the yacht race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo of Zanzibar village,shop,resorts.....all r very beautiful place including beach......

    Zanzibar Beach Holidays

    ReplyDelete