Saturday 21 September 2013

Last Day in Milan

Today we went to Milan and saw the huge Duomo cathedral which had dead cardinals lying in it - all dressed up in their cardinal robes with death masks on but you could see their rotting hands with their big fancy rings still on.

 The Duomo of Milan

 

outside the Duomo, these people who would try to put friendship bracelets on me, but I was already prepared for them - one grabbed my arm to tie it around me but a loud "no!" moved him along..



This was followed by a trip to Rinascente mega store, where we found these on the top foodie floor - Chocolate shoes, hand bags and loafers hand made on the shelf for sale which were next to all these different types of chocolate truffles, which was then next to a pyramid of Macaroons.  Click on these photos for a closer look - a woman's dream...shoes, handbags and chocolate

 
chocolate shoes and handbags

chocolates
 
 
macaroons
 
 
Next we went to the Peck Food store which is like the Harrods food hall for Italians. Down stairs there was a market of pasta which to me felt like I'd just died and gone to heaven because I love ravioli, tortellini and that sort of pasta.

After that we got some Gelato and headed to the airport to catch our flight to Africa! Whilst we were in the airports terminal Mum hung out with the Milan basketball team while I bought my first ever cellular device(cell-phone) - thanks to Aunty Nora :)
I will get a post up tomorrow on my first day in Africa, at a wonderful beach side resort.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Joseph Hewson

2 comments:

  1. Wow - the chocolate shoes and handbags are indeed a woman's dream E thought so too. Your cousins were impressed. Milan sounds a great place and the food looks fantastic but I don't share your pasta enthusiasm - as you know!! Travel well, we look forward to more blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 more points - don't like the hands etc of the cardinals very much and your Mum must have looked tiny with all those basketball players.

    ReplyDelete