Thursday 5 September 2013

First Day of Dubai Atlantis The Palm

I've just finished my first day in Dubai with temperatures reaching 41 degrees celcius, making it the perfect day to go to Aquaventure the Atlantis' neighbour water park. Leaving the hotel at 9:30 my dad and I took one of the hotels buggys, after going down most of the water slides/water coasters we decided to leave it there for the day and come back tomorrow. As I wore my Arsenal top down the beach to take some photos I heard someone shout out " Go the Gunners!" which of course being the UAE Arsenal is like the All Blacks of the football teams, it turned out that it was one of the life guards and there have been many more than just him recognising the top.
Here is one of the photos that I took in front of the hotel.

Here's our pool and beach from our room's balcony

 

 Here is one of the hotel lobby were I found out today they are shooting a big Bollywood movie in.
When me and my family walked down the long hallway down to reach the lifts this is what we found.
This fish tank spans all the way around the centre of the hotel as the main point of interest as we stood there marvelling at all the 150 different species of fish, shark, mantaray (I think that's how you spell it?) and stingray.

In the afternoon we went to a souq and saw the Burj al Arab Hotel





For dinner we went to a restaurant buffet place but this wasn't any normal buffet oh no, this "Buffet" consisted of meat kofte ( A sort of meatball like food.) Roasted Lamb and Chicken.

That Sums up my day pretty much all I forgot was it was so hot today I felt like I was in an enormous slow cooker slowly melting away, and that because of the respect for there culture we had to cover our knees and our shoulders. Some ladies covered everything - one lady I saw wore the full black burqa with not even her eyes showing.  She would have been super hot and I'm not sure how she could see where to go

That's all from me now I'll post another tomorrow,

Joseph Hewson    

4 comments:

  1. Great photos and a pretty busy day for your first ! Sleep well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos Joseph and sounds like wonderful fun at Aquaventure. Just don't melt away in that heat and take care of Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one joey. that fish-tank looks perfect for doing some choice bombs. no pressure :)

    ReplyDelete