Thursday 19 September 2013

First Day Beside Lake Como

When we landed in Milan we were met by our driver that didn't speak much English which made for a quiet one hour drive to our hotel, which was okay when we got to the great Lake Como. The next day we rented a boat to go around the lake for an hour, here is a photo of our hotel that we took from the boat.

Here is  photo of the hotel that we took when we walked up the drive for the first time.

Here is a photo of the hotel's pool, if you look closely, on the left there is a diving board in the left.( It's actually a lot higher up then it looks)

Here is the room well maybe not room more like hall where we had breakfast, it is massive and has three chandeliers that I think would be higher if there was social event or something important going on. I asked my Mum why every waiter was very serious to which she replied, because waiting is serious business in Italy and it is a very old building and many famous people that do not own their own villas stay here so they don't really want to muck around and lose their jobs for that reason.


In the afternoon I went to the pool where I discovered that most people just stay or sit on the side of the pool on deck chairs instead of actually going in the pool for a swim. Weird. I took advantage of that when I decided to walk up the diving board and of course do a flip. 


I also did a dive which was followed by two lengths of free style two lengths of breast stroke and two lengths of butterfly I repeated that x10.


This is me swimming by the lake.

But before I could go swimming we rented a jet boat that we could go around Lake Como in, once we reached the tip of the bay where the people that we rented the boat of couldn't see us any more. Dad let me drive the boat for the rest of the trip until we reached the tip of the bay again, here are some photos of me driving the boat and what we saw(Sorry they're blurry, it's because the boat was going so fast.)



Here is a photo of Menaggio the place where we rented the boat from.
Here is a photo of the Square in Menaggio.
Here is a photo of the town of Menaggio.
Here is a photo of a place called Veranna 


Here are some photos of the villa where scenes of Star Wars and James Bond Movies were filmed.




tomorrow we are going on a tour of the villa 

after dinner we sat in the lounge area and listened to the piano, double bass and piano play some wonderful music.  I could have sat there all night.




That was my first day in Milan Italy.


Joseph Hewson

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous photos - its just as I imagined what a beautiful place. Did you play the piano? You should have!! Pouring with rain here tonight but your hotel and the pool make us long for summer.

    ReplyDelete